Ambient Cure Coatings Formulation Chemist I, II, III and Group Leader: New Product Development
A highly regarded, large coatings company is seeking to expand their new product development team focused on ambient cure coatings. The Mayson Group has been engaged to seek formulation talent with varying levels of experience, including one group leader role. A major player across multiple segments, our client provides both career development opportunities and as well a stable position in the market, assuring a greater level of employment continuity. Our client creates success based upon a broad portfolio of high quality products, strong market access, and efficient manufacturing operations. The company culture focuses on performance based upon equitable employee treatment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulate next generation primers and topcoats for performance improvements and conformance to evolving regulatory requirements.
- Develop formulation guidelines, and hand off know how to scale up / manufacturing groups.
- Document product performance to confirm new products meet or exceed industry standards.
Key requirements include:
- Adept formulation skills focused on film properties, durability, and application robustness.
- Advanced technical degree with structure – property skill set. BS level formulators with strong structure – property skills may be viable.
- Formulation experience in waterborne coatings.
- Understanding of waterborne, solventborne and reactive chemistries.
- Experience formulating polyurethane and epoxy chemistries.
- Group Leader role – people management experience NOT a must (although desired), but project management IS a must!
- Ability to work in a team environment, in a professional development focused organization.
- Robust product development skills including DOE and Six Sigma.
- Formulation skills focus on cure reactions is highly desired.
- Formulation skills associated with flake control is also desired.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!