The Mayson Group has been exclusively engaged by a global polymer company to seek a senior scientist who will lead technical efforts as they expand into additive manufacturing/ Stereolithography/ 3D Printing. With a technical degree and +2 years experience formulating resins for 3D printing, the scientist in conjunction with a global team of scientists will lead facilitation and staffing of a new laboratory close to a major external partner. It’s uniquely an entrepreneurial opportunity within the domain of a well established player in adjacent spaces.
- Lead equipment installation and lab facilitation on a partner’s site in support of additives manufacturing and formulation.
- Support staff expansion as facilities are expanded and additional projects are assigned to group.
- Develop key test protocols and procedures required to support the development of additive manufacturing materials.
- Network with the internal national and global additives team focused on formulation and manufacture of additives.
- Manage product safety/ regulatory requirement programs.
- MS (PhD) preferred in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science, or ChE and +2 years relevant formulation experience in Stereolithography systems.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, able to handle a broad range of tasks in a small global team.
- Structure-property skill set for polymers, additives, and fillers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, internal partners and university groups.
- Ability to handle a 20% travel load, including both domestic and international.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!