Vice President of R&D
- High Performance Architectural Coatings & Waterborne Industrial Maintenance Systems for the Construction Space
- New England Location
- Develop technical strategy and lead development of next generation product families.
- Join and contribute to an energetic and passionate business leadership team which includes peers in sales, marketing, and manufacturing.
- Build and enhance the technical organization to support new product development and growth.
- Lead technical organization (chemists, engineers, and support staff) focused on the development and application of durable high performance waterbased coatings and polymer systems for both residential and commercial exterior end uses.
- Oversee technical support to the manufacturing organization including raw material qualification and resolution of customer complaints.
- Oversee technical support for the development of product marketing and training materials.
Key requirements include:
- Passionate about leading teams to develop disruptive products.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork nature.
- Action oriented.
- Cultural fit within an entrepreneurial, flat, and dynamic mid-sized company.
- Proven technical leader from a coatings or durable polymers manufacturer (sealants, adhesives, or plastics).
- Track record of managing performance and developing an organization.
- Ability to recognize and lead an innovate technical team.
- Formulation experiences in 100% waterborne systems – acrylic/ styrene /vinyl coatings or emulsion adhesives desired.
- Advanced technical degree with structure-property skill set is additionally desired.
- Ability to work across the disciplines of adhesion, durability, polymer science and functionality of coatings.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!