- Construction Coatings
- Florida Location
As a member of the company’s leadership team, the technical manager/ director will additionally have close ties to 1) the manufacturing organization focused on plant support and new product introductions, 2) the product management function as new opportunities are identified, and 3) the sales / distribution support organization that oversees field application.
- Expand capabilities of technical organization in support of construction coatings line expansion including mentoring of existing staff and selection of additional individual contributors.
- Specifically lead development of polymer, asphalt, Si, and PMMA based coatings, in addition to associated mastics, adhesives, and sealants for the for the liquid applied roof membrane market.
- Ensure products meet industry standards and meet or exceed competitive offerings.
- Work closely with the other functional managers departments.
- Strong knowledge and formulation experience in the roof coatings market a plus, especially moisture cure systems, silicones, and water-based acrylics.
- BS/ MS polymer science or equivalent.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, able to lead a technical team that is supporting a dynamic sales organization, but as well work hands on when required to assure that new and improved products are available to the sales organization.
- Technical leadership skills including project management, DOE, and 6 sigma methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to join the business leadership team in support of managing the overall enterprise, within a flexible small company environment.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!