Chemist II (or Greater)
- Interior Automotive Plastic Coatings
A highly regarded coatings company located in the Ohio/Indiana region is seeking to expand their new product development team focused on interior automotive coatings. The Mayson Group has been engaged to seek formulation talent with varying levels of experience. A major player across multiple segments, our client provides career development opportunities as they grow in the market. Our client creates success based upon a broad portfolio of high quality products, strong market access, and efficient manufacturing operations. The company culture focuses on rewarding individuals based upon performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulate next generation interior coatings for automotive end uses.
- Document product performance and prepare submission packages to confirm new products meet or exceed industry standards.
- Develop formulation guidelines, and support scale up / manufacturing groups.
- Support existing product lines in terms of quality and resolution of line side performance issues.
Key requirements include:
- Adept formulation skills focused on film properties, durability, and application robustness of automotive interior coatings.
- Technical degree with structure – property skill set.
- Formulation experience in waterborne coatings.
- Strong knowledge of the product families of automotive interior coatings.
- Ability to work in a team environment, in a professional development focused organization.
- Robust product development skills including DOE and six sigma.
- Formulation skills associated with the full range of interior coatings from soft feel, lacquers, to the more chemical resistant interior coatings.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!