Product Specialist/ Product Manager
The Mayson Group has been exclusively engaged to recruit a product specialist / manager for a major tier to automotive, focused on higher value materials and systems utilized at both the tier and assembly plant level in the value chain. Since automotive is a global industry, individuals with both domestic customer experience and / or overseas based customers (read Japanese, Korean, or German language / business experiences) will be seriously considered. The role provides high visibility within the organization, with the potential for growth in technical and commercial roles.
As the primary technical interface with the customers, the product specialist / manager will interact in the market to characterize product requirements, and provide commercial leadership to new / improved product projects. This is an ideal platform to develop the skill sets to succeed in commercial / research management roles.
Key requirements include:
- BS Chemistry or equivalent.
- 5 yrs formulation or engineering approval experience in automotive coatings, sealants, metal treatments, or adhesives. Either as a material, or within an OEM / Tier environment, focused on qualification of coatings, sealants, metal treatment, or adhesive systems for an assembled part.
- Strong influence leadership skills.
- Experience demonstrating the value of new product technologies in targeted applications and development of compelling data to support product promotion to the customer.
- Excellent communication skills combined with effective project leadership skills within a matrix organization. Ability to work in an international / multicultural organization.
- Experience w/ Stage Gate or similar project management tools.
Ability to travel 20 – 33% in support of business development initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive product improvement and new product development with the R & D organization by defining requirements, establishing product definitions, leading project teams, reviewing submission packages, gaining OEM approvals, and administrating scale up processes.
- Work closely with sales / service organization focused on meeting customer requirements tied to products / assemblies. Meet with customers in conjunction with sales to define issues to be addressed.
- Manage product communication process to the market.
- Assist global product director in the establishment of longer term product plans that reduce the number of SKUs and product lines.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!