Technical Group Leader
- Automotive OEM, Off Road, Commercial Vehicle, Truck & Bus, Transportation Coatings or Industrial 2K Coatings
The Mayson Group has been exclusively engaged by a well-positioned coatings company to seek a group leader to assume oversight of a small technical team, focused on formulation, scale-up, customer support, and problem solving.
This coordination role requires an individual who can assess customer requirements and provide technical direction and prioritization on product improvement projects. Our client is a well-established player in the coatings market who is seeking to grow in current and adjacent markets. The successful candidate will have a combination of both technical / planning skills and strong communication skills to support technically oriented customer projects and drive internal programs. For chemists with excellent communication skills, this is additionally an opportunity to work more closely with customer and product management groups.
Key requirements include:
- Technical degree.
- 7+ years formulation experience in a manufacturer focused transportation focused segment (auto OEM, auto plastics, HDT, CV, or similar transportation coating).
- Technical acumen and market knowledge to provide guidance to the team in terms of product modification and performance verification.
- Strong planning and project management skills to assure that both urgent and longer term projects are completed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Stage-Gate or similar project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive product improvement activities related to customer requests.
- Provide guidance and mentor more junior support chemists.
- Manage preparation and presentation of data for customer requests.
- Manage technical projects that are focused on cost savings
Our client’s culture is about reward for performance. Strong technical/ product leaders with a passion to support growth who are seeking a greater reward level for results should seriously consider this opportunity.
Please contact us right away if you are interested in hearing more or if you know someone that would be ideal for this position.
As always, referrals are appreciated and handled confidentially!